Sunday, April 15, 2012

Canada's Pain panels

Need pain relieving medication? Not so fast.
 
We've become familiar with the infamous Death Panels, where public single payer health care has to rely on cutting costs to keep things balanced.  The state can deny you a necessary treatment due to their arbitrary assessment.  You can't argue with it because they run the show, not you.  It's not this way in the U.S. yet but if we don't repeal and replace Obamacare we ALL will be suffering at some time or another.

I'm here to tell you first hand about Canadacare's Pain Panel.

A little background info for you:  In Obamacare there is a list of all available medical procedures, from hip replacements, pacemakers, cancer treatments to preventative care.  Picture this list of several hundred procedures listed in cost with the most expensive at the top.  There is a magic line cutting off the top few procedures for 40 year olds.  For 45 year olds the line drops lower, limiting the procedures available to you.  The line drops for each age group and significantly drops when you are over 65, just when you need it the most.  And when you are 83... forget it.  This is what is known as a Death Panel.  It is some arbitrary line limiting your benefits from State run Healthcare.  It is real.  It exists in Obamacare and it exists in Canadacare.  The only way to balance the costs is to cut services when most people need it.  Obama said it himself that it is better to give dear ol' grandma a pain pill rather than a life saving procedure- despite her tenacity, personal drive and non-government approved joie de vivre in order to save costs for the "rest of us".  (I won't get into Obama already taking half a trillion from Medicare to pay for solar panel research...)


On to my story:
Now in Canada for a few weeks, and after moving some heavy furniture I have had the pleasure of my back going out which resulted in a chiropractor visit and a couple of back therapy massages.  I am pleased to announce that my back is now 100% after a short time.  However, this trauma triggered SHINGLES in me, an otherwise healthy 41 yr old whose joie de vivre can not be doubted.  At the time I thought it was only a rash due to an ibuprofen allergy but as the pain worsened I sought out a doctor.  It turns out I have shingles and have had them only a few days.  Painful buggers tingling on my shoulder and chest like I was cuddling up at night with a lovely cactus.


There is a wonderful treatment for this virus; an antiviral that would slow the spread and halt the viral activity if given within 72 hours of onset.  I have had the painful shingles for just under that long so the antiviral could help slow and reverse it.  However, in Canadacare there is just one loophole between me receiving the pain relieving medication that the doctor chose to exploit.  I am an American and the vaccine is only for Canadians.  That's it.  I am now under the heavy iron hand of a Pain Panel as I sit in Canada, letting this virus run unchecked through it's terrible course.  Of course he gave me a nerve medication to lessen the pain and a Percoset prescription to ease my troubles but the viral limiting Vaccine that would stop the virus from running unchecked through its course?  Nope.  It's for Canadians only.  "You see," he explained, "we only get so much of the vaccine from Europe and we are only authorized to dole it out to Canadians." "Even if you are paying cash."


Don't let Obamacare become fully implemented into law.  Repeal it.  Vote GOP on every local and state election.  You WILL suffer in one way or another if it stands.

Painfully Yours,

MastadonArmy

No comments:

Post a Comment